Sunday, September 16, 2012

Moving to Chicago was wild. I think the city is a little bigger than Burlington? Some friends I met live on the 36th floor of their building. I look down and just stare. I stare for awhile. The city is great, lots of things to do and the people are pretty nice except when your standing at a cross walk and you hear the driver in the car in front of you yelling "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I just smile. Smile and wave... but not really wave.

My birthday was on the 3rd so some friends and I went to the famous "Cheesecake Factory" for dinner. Delicious food turning into food comas. Oh well.
Preparing you now this is a sad story. Summer Dance is a festival that goes on Thursday through Sunday every summer. It's over now but I participated for some time. Once I went with some friends and I sat down next to an older woman maybe in her high 70's. I asked her if she danced and she said to me (word for word), "Yes, I used to dance more but my partner passed away". It was sad but we continued talking. It was nice to see that she still participated in this event and continued living her life as if he was still there. Summer Dance is now over but I did get to get down and jiggly with it. 

These are JELLIES! A friend and I went to the Shedd Aquarium right on the lake (which by the way looks like an ocean and I went in twice!). We saw lots of fishies and turtles and frogs and monkeys and dolphins and a 4D SHOW! It was pretty awesome. 

More to come. I pinky promise.

1 comment:

  1. love love love seeing your notes! It was so good to talk to you on your birthday. XO! We miss you. Zipper misses you more.

    ReplyDelete